Enjoy the wholesome taste of South Indian cuisine right at your home with this quick recipe. This cuisine is quite popular nowadays, throughout the India and especially kids just love it. So, why not delight your family this weekend with a scrumptious South Indian meal.
Thinking about the time and efforts it will require? Now, you need not worry as you have the Tops instant Sambhar, Dosa and Idli mixes by your side to take the stress out of your cooking. Along with being yummy, South Indian meal is healthy too.
- Tops Sambhar Instant Mix (100 gm)
- Boiled veggies – brinjals, tomatoes, shallots – madras onion, drumsticks,
bottle gourd – lauki and many more as desired (optional)
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- Add 1300ml of water to the contents of Tops Sambhar Instant mix pack in a non-stick pan.
- Boil it over medium flame for 15-20 minutes, while stirring periodically.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Tops Dosas, Idlis and Vadas.
- Tops Plain Dosa Instant Mix (200 gm)
- Coconut oil or refined oil (1 tablespoon)
- Add 400-440ml of water to the contents of Tops Plain Dosa Instant mix pack and stir it to make a smooth batter. Then keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Smear little oil on a non-stick pan and heat with medium flame. Cool the pan with a wet cloth.
- Pour ½ cup of batter on the pan. Spread it evenly and gently with the back of a ladle.
- Then pour a little oil on and around the dosa, allowing it to cook till it is golden brown.
- Serve hot with Tops Sambhar and coconut chutney.
- Tops Rice Idli Instant Mix (200 gm)
- Refined oil (1 tablespoon)
- Add 300-310ml of water and 1 tablespoon (15ml) refined oil to the contents of Tops Rice Idli Instant mix pack.
- Mix it well to make a smooth batter. Then keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour this batter in greased idli moulds.
- Boil 600ml of water in a pressure cooker, keep the stand in it and steam the idlis (without using the cooker weight) on a high flame for 15-20 minutes or keep them in microwave (in microwave-safe mould) on medium temperature for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot idlis with Tops Sambhar, Tops Tomato Ketchup or coconut chutney.
- The thinner and crispier the dosa, the better it will taste.
- Can also serve delicious Vadas into this South Indian meal by preparing it quickly with Tops Vada Instant Mix.
- Try a new meal daily with different Tops South Indian Mixes – Tops Rawa Idli and Tops Rava Dosa Instant Mix.
- All these mixes are 100% vegetarian.
- Taste of Sambhar differs with the choice of vegetables used; choose as per your personal liking.
- Add tamarind paste in Sambhar to make it sourer.
- Sambhar is packed with nutrients of vegetables, fibers and proteins. Easy to digest and good for diabetics.
- Best way to make your child enjoy the benefits of lentils in a tempting way.
- A complete meal for a family, equally rich in carbohydrates and proteins.
- Idlis aids in weight loss and is rich in proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates and fibers.
- Eating Idli is good in fever too as it’s easy to digest.
- Dosa is healthy, yummy, and rich in proteins, carbohydrates and low in calories. Abolish your hunger pangs.
Enjoy this complete and healthy South Indian meal in breakfast, lunch or dinner with Tops Instant mix range.